P.A.L

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming that fighting is the last resort..i would strike first.

seems as if action is faster than reaction. also seems that fights are always preceeded with a verbal exchange first. weather its swearing, intimidation, verbal abuse, etc. generally you kow if its about to go down.

you can always dictate what sort of force is nescessary and what you want to inflict. say for some reason this guy is faster and attacks first..and lands..it could do sever damage to you. if you know the fight is inevitable, i would do what it takes to have the upperhand by attacking first. i guess every situation is different though, and topics like this can be hard to hypothesize.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

The moment you feel threatend or uncomfortable, you are being attacked. On the street people throw combinations, so strike the attack and your opponent at once.

Dojo Principle #3

Cultivate a spirit of perseverance or a will for striving, you will develop a healthy body if you have strength of mind and train fearlessly

There are a lot of situations.... you can attack first OR you can wait for an attack. For my experience, I would attack first when i see an obvious opening spot that i could easily strike. I would also attack first when i meet a huge guy.

I would wait when my opponent and I have a large distance apart.

On one hand you should strike first if you see an opening..but on the other hand:there is no first strike in karate..

Spirit first, technique second

Read my sig.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.