• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most hated/killer excersise?

Killer exercises from my instructor-

Inside the dojo-

*30-20-10 (Do 30 push ups, run touch the wall, come back- Do 30 sit ups, run touch the wall, come back - do same with squats, scissors, star jumps- then again except only 20 then again with 10) How many and the exercises can change- eg 50-25-15.

*Frog Jumping - (up and down Dojo)

*50 kicks of 1 leg while moving up the dojo and 50 off the other leg coming back - (may not sound that bad but try doing it with about 5 different kicks which adds up to about 500 kicks)

*Staying Down in Horse Riding Stance

*keeping your body straight with only your toes and forearms touching the ground (sort of like push up position except held) - for 2-3 minutes, if done properly you will have sore stomach muscles the next day.

Fitness exercises done outside the dojo-

*Jogging - (up to 7 km including as many hills as possible)

*Sprints - (up the nearest hill)

*Running up and down stairs with squats at the top and bottom

All probably doing me some sort of good...you get used to them...there are probably more but I can't think of them right now.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we do train tracks sometimes. That's where everyone lays down on their back, with their legs six inches off the ground, their arms streched over their heads, and then the person at the beginning runs accross everyone's stomach, then the next person goes, and the next, etc, etc. That continues until you reach the end of the gym, then you turn around and go the other way. You can go up and down the gym two or three times doing this.

Just be glad you don't do Sumo :o LOL!

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Well, there was this one time, last training day before Christmas. We're all lying down on the hard, wooden floor preparing to do crunches. Then our Sensei calls out to one of our green belts "How many should we do?" and he replies "Eight hundred."

Hey, and belar, that's kyokushin for you. :brow:

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

I would have to say the exercises I hate more than anything is RUNNING and PUSH-UP'S !!!! :kaioken: I would rather do all the jumping jacks, sit-up's in the world than do either of these exercises !!!!

Also after reading some of these posts I thought my work outs were bad, I pity you guys LOL :)

your hands and feet are all the protection you need, you win some you loose some but you live to fight another day !!!

after all this time, the one that still wears me down is the basic warm up sets of punches.

Thankfully, how many we do depends on how many people are present but still, it's always at least 500+ of just punches before going onto more advanced punch drills.

not sure if anyone else does it this way but we only tend to do heavy sparring when we're already totally knackered.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.