• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

advanced rankings?

wingedsoldier

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

American Kenpo schools often do this. It's called a tip test when you test for the intermediate stripe. Its' purpose is to formally review your progress halfway through the belt level.

I don't know though... . I guess it doesn't really bother me. But I don't care for extra tests and stripes, even though I don't know of any schools that charge for this. Heck, I don't really care about belts either, though.

Augh! I'm rambling here. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just too used to my grey belt with no stripes. :karate:

Freedom isn't free!

In my class there is no intermediate test... in my son's class (Shotokan) there are double colored belts (his next test should be for white/yellow belt)

but this depends on the school not on the system.

At our school the juniors grade for the standard belt and then later grade for a stripe on that belt.

In the senior class we dont have coloured belts at all until brown and then black. The grade is simply written on the white belt in japanese.

That's exactly what happens at my dojo.

For example, you get your white belt, then two black stripes, and a final red stripe in between those, which signify that you are ready for grading.

You are not alone! :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

In the senior class we dont have coloured belts at all until brown and then black. The grade is simply written on the white belt in japanese.

Literally written on or embroidered? If it's embroidered, doesn't that work out quite expensive? :-?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My school has stripes for adults only between brown and black so it goes; white, yellow, orange, gree, blue, brown, black stripe, black. For the children they do white, yellowstripe, yellow, orange stripe...etc...unless they graduate into the adult class....This just helps the kids learn becuase it gives them time between gradings to get better at their kata as we learn 2 kata for each full belt level.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

Our colored belts have 3 stages to them, the belt itself and then 2 stripes within each color that come after the belt itself, with the Brown belt having 3 stripes. The white and orange do not get stripes.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!