• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Coming Soon: KarateForums.com Product Reviews

Hello,

We will be launching a new site that will be the official shop of KarateForums.com. Much different from what we now call the "KarateForums.com Shop" this will be an actual site where product information from Amazon.com will be displayed, rather than just a link to Amazon.com.

This new site will be heavily integrated with KarateForums.com and they will go together hand in hand. In recognition of this, we have decided to launch a section called KarateForums.com Product Reviews. This section will function much like the KarateForums.com Articles section does.

You will be able to submit a review for publishing and we will (hopefully) publish it. Please note that the product that you are reviewing must be available at our new shop. So, how do you know if it will be available? Easy. For the time being, go to Amazon.com. If it is available there (in one of the Martial Arts categories), we will have it most likely. For more information, please read the Review Posting Guidelines thread at http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=116328 - we are hoping that we can get a few (or more) product reviews in the database so that we can begin publishing reviews when the site launches. So, if you want to write a product review, we'd love to see it! :)

Thank you for reading.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes. That is the entire purpose. :) (Not just books though... also equipment, DVDs, VHS, uniforms and training gear!).

Thanks.

I am considering whether or not this feature will actually be used... has anyone started working on any reviews?

Thanks. :)

Awesome!

I guess we'll stick with it then. :)

Thanks for responding and letting me know.

Just updated the guidelines a bit. Namely taking the minimum word count to 200 words as we want to allow for short product reviews and looooong product reviews, as long as they are complete. Something like Amazon with a bit better moderation and consistency, I hope. :)

Be sure to read them before making a submission.

Thanks again.

I am considering whether or not this feature will actually be used... has anyone started working on any reviews?

In what way? I'll certainly read reviews, especially on books and videos, before buying them.

The site- you bet! I have to admit that I'm not really patient with computers and computer stores. The first couple of times I tried looking at your products, I got the impression that you only sold T shirts, caaps, and trinkets, and went where I knew they had the items I wanted. I'm probably not the only dummy around like that, so I think the new site is a good idea. I'd just suggest you set it up with people like me in mind- terminally ignorant about computers!

As for submitting reviews, you all know how shy I am about stating my opinion on anything! ... Sure, I'd be willing to submit reviews where applicable!

Freedom isn't free!

I mean writing reviews as the section will need content. :)

But, I appreciate your response. Will keep it in mind.

Thanks.