• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Starting Monday Night!

Super_Coo

Hey guys I'm new here and have become really interested in Marital Arts over the past few weeks. I've been working out at the gym for almost 3 years and am growing tired of it. Decided to give Karate a try and watched a Tsuruoka (Shotokan?) class tonight. Me and my bud are gonna give it a try Monday. The Sensei said we could even try it for a month for free... if we don't like it... we don't lose a cent. I can't see me not liking it though!!!

Later!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to karate and to KF then, I started almost the same way as you did... when my gym opened a kickboxing course.

Welcome to KF. It's great that the Sensei is giving you guys a free month to try it out. Let us know how you like it. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Already sounds like a good school if they are willling to give you a free month to try it!

Good luck!

TKD WTF/ITF 2nd Dan

"A Black Belt Is A White Belt That Never Quit"

First lesson was awesome we learned a lot of really cool stuff. Except I've already forgotten some of it doh! We learned how to punch and were shown that in a single punch that there are 3 way to defend ourselves. I can only remember 2 of them. The obvious is the punch to attack... and the other I remember is bringing your elbow back to elbow someone behind you. What's the 3rd guys?

Thanks!