• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

lost my agility

Kamikaze Kaiten

Started working for Kamikaze a while ago and my boss wants me get familiar with the line of Gis we're selling. Haven't trained or praticed for over 12 years but I figured I jump straight into field testing. I've been training with IKF Shito-ryu here in Sacramento for the last few weeks and I come home every night with a different part of my body aching :bawling: and my stance don't go as low as they used to, my punches don't have any snap, and mawashi geris are more like leg sweeps. I guess old age finally caught up.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes keep training and you will get it back, I know when I opened up my school and started teaching about 8 classes a week I was home each night in a HOT!!!! bath soaking it up hahahahaha, but after about 7 months of my intense schedule I'm feeling great and not in a lot of pain, we all know that pain is part of the game so some is okay but I know what your talking about.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

BTW how old are you?

29 but feeling like 79 last few weeks :lol:

Aaaahhh don't worry then, just be a little patient and You'll regain your flexibility and then also improve it.

Keep going! You'll soon get back into it. :)

I remember feeling like I'd been run over by a steamroller, been through 12 rounds with Mike Tyson and been kicked into orbit by an angry donkey after my very first karate lesson. Now, I can get through sessions much much tougher than that and still be smiling (usually!) at the end of them.

Keep on going with the training - you'll soon feel OK with it. The human body is a marvellous creation and is surprisingly resilliant. Soon you'll be asking for more! lol

Good luck! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!