• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello KF!

HongKongPhooey

Good Day:

I'm a 41 y/o white belt about to test for yellow with my 5 year old son. I've enjoyed scanning the forums as a guest and look forward to learning a lot more at my new "online dojo".

Although I've greatly enjoyed hearing from people with a wide background of styles and experience, I'm wondering if there would be enough interest for a forum dealing with issues pertaining to older adults who are new to martial arts. Are there many of us? For example, my first post, unfortunately, was in the health and fitness section for advice about a knee injury. There were quite a few people who posted about various knee injuries, but it seemed that most of these individuals were either practitioners and/or younger. Just a thought, no big deal.

Thanks again for providing a great online resource. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BTW, I meant no disrespect to younger students or experienced practitioners when talking about the knee injury post. I was just referring to the fact that their situations might not be directly relevant for me due to their quicker recovery time and better conditioning.

Welcome to the forums! :) I think you'll find there is a lot of folks here who, lets just say are in the middle age range. :) Myself included.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi