• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feeling Faint

Sandhoppa

Don't worry Sandhoppa, when I started I could barely get through the warm up. :lol:

Like the others said it's most likely a matter of endurance. The more you train the more your body will become accustomed to the physical activity.

Keep well hydrated and don't overdo it. Most of all Have FUN!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks again for the encouragement and tips everyone! I'm about to hit the mat in about an hour and a half so I will be back tonite to let everyone know how it went.

Oh yeah and I'm glad you like the siggy Jules! :karate:

Time to put on some blood pumping music and get into the zone! :kaioken:

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

I have been going for Karate training now for 2+ years and I still feel faint when we do a heavy workout.

This can include 3 sets of:

25 (or more) squats with 10 lb weight swung up and down

25 (or more) lunges with 10 lb weight behind head

25 (or more) situps with 10 lb weight on chest

All this after doing the usual pushups, leg raises etc.

It does get easier with time, but I still feel light headed and sometimes my vision fades a bit.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if its just me not being in that great of shape yet but...when I started doing karate (Goju Ryu), after some of the warm up exericses (wheelbarrows across the mat and then 10 pushups at the end, jumping jacks, punching and kicking), I started to run out of breath and actually feel winded to the point of lightheadedness. This is all while everyone else is perky and are ready to keep going. I felt kinda crappy that I was the only one feeling this way. They told me to sit down for a bit and get some juice to drink because I might have been low on electrolytes or something. Anyway, anyone have suggestions?

nothing unusual, just work through it.

Your body probibly isnt used to having your heart rate up so high for a long period.

I started wrestling this week, and i was DEAD after the first practice, i literaly couldnt pickup a soda.. now only a few days later i find after the whole practice im still ready to go, and not breathing heavy...

just give it time, high heart rates are tough on your body, maybe so some jogging it shold help

I will definitely be needing to do more cardio - I will probably get more practical skills and tips on exercising and whatnot after I head up to NY with Master Jules. I will look into getting a jump rope for those times I cant do cardio in the gym, that should help somewhat.

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo