• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well... My first amatuer bout will be this Saturday (Waterloo Iowa - incase any one else there). Depending on the fighter, either American Kickboxing or International rules. I feel ready, but am wondering if anyone else is gonna be there:

http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd wish you luch, but you don't need it. Stay relaxed and calm, remember to fight your fight - use your tools to your advantage. Keep track of where he is in relation to you - circle AWAY from his power hand. remember to set your kicks up with strikes and use combinations... punches in bunches.

Have fun and let us know how it turns out!

Thanks for the replies...

Saturday was awesome. I won by unanimous decision. If it wasn't for my kicking abilities, I surely would have gotten clobbered by another of the verteran's hooks that flailed away in close range.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I was in the hospital yesterday when I accidently ingested a small number of peanuts that I reacted quite badly to.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."