• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Perception Speed and Hand-Eye Coordination

Cross_Trainer

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For hand eye co-ordination:

Get a tennisball, a headband and a peice of elastic.

1.Attach one end of the elastic to the tennisball and the other end to the headband.

2. Put the headband on your head and adjust the length of the elastic so the ball hangs down to about belly button height.

3. Flick the ball up infront of your and punch it left-right-left-right etc.

• 1 month later...

I find this to be one of the best hand-eye, combat specific excercises that I have come across. It is also a from of eye traing.

just stand in front of your partner with-in stricking distance. one person attacks one defends. Targets can be ears, top of head, belt knot...all of these or just one. loose open hands are used to attack these areas as well as defend. relaxation is key. your speed must be slow to start...feint/faking increases to difficulty.

progress to using a fighting stance, attack/defend simutaneously, one hand against 2 hands, standing on one foot....endless other combinations

this is not a body distancing excercise so stay toe to toe in a stance or just within arms reach if you are standing up.

Kraig Devlin is a former member of the Canadian National Karate Team and the author of the free e-book "The Martial-Athlete's Keys to Athletic Success: Sport-Specific Training Secrets for the Serious Martial Artist" avaliable at Martial-Athlete.com

I find this to be one of the best hand-eye, combat specific excercises that I have come across. It is also a form of eye traing.

just stand in front of your partner with-in stricking distance. one person attacks one defends. Targets can be ears, top of head, belt knot...all of these or just one. loose open hands are used to attack these areas as well as defend. relaxation is key. your speed must be slow to start...feint/faking increases to difficulty.

progress to using a fighting stance, attack/defend simutaneously, one hand against 2 hands, standing on one foot....endless other combinations

this is not a body distancing excercise so stay toe to toe in a stance or just within arms reach if you are standing up.

Kraig Devlin is a former member of the Canadian National Karate Team and the author of the free e-book "The Martial-Athlete's Keys to Athletic Success: Sport-Specific Training Secrets for the Serious Martial Artist" avaliable at Martial-Athlete.com

I like that tennis ball thing.

My favorite part of it though is when you give it to someone who has never used it before and they try it out, give the ball a real hard punch, and it comes back and smacks them stright on the nose. :lol: :lol:

I like juggling and hacky-sack.

Every timely action will bring results ... Without difficulty. Every untimely endeavor will fail ... If the moment is premature or if the right moment is missed. - The Tree Poem