• Shotokan
    • Goju ryu or Shorei-kan
    • Wado ryu
    • Shito ryu
    • Kyoukushin kai
    • Uechi ryu
    • Shorin ryu
    • Others

thanks PAL, one thing about it though... my sensei teaches us to kick above the belt, and only above the belt, is that how you're supposed to kick?

that's definitely NOT the Matsumura Seito/Orthodox system of Shorinryu. We almost never kick above the belt. An easy way to get neutered! :brow:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let me bring up this poll one more time.

I wonder why few Kiokushin kai martial artist have voted

American Kenpo.

Cheers.

-

There are no pure styles of karate. Purity comes only when pure knuckles meet pure flesh no matter who delivers or receives.

-

An ounce of logic can be worth more than a ton of tradition that has become obsolete through the weathering of time.

Kempo

"Please do not drop your partner like a sack of potatoes. If anything, throw them hard with control." - my instructor

"Your karate is still useless." - my brother as he picks himself up off the floor

CapitalKarate, to my best knowledge none of the shorin ryu styles ues high kicks, as shorinryu sensei mentioned the risk is high. we mostly go for knee and groin. but in sparring we do use high kicks to the head time by time.

Shito-ryu and Shotakan....

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

I am being trained in Kempo and Shutokan. My instructor is very good, however our focus is on technique and form, not really alot of history and terminology. I know a fair amount about Kempo, but Shutokan I dont know much at all about, except it sounds like Shotokan and has similar movements. Someone tell me about it.

Every man dies...not every man really lives. -Sir William Wallace