• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

okinawan karate or japanese karate

maku

"Deep"......

Yep.......Goju (real Okinawan Goju) has so much depth to it......so many subtle nuances.....so much "going on".....it truly is an extremely "complete" art.....very effective, whether youre talking about "stand up punch and kick", standing grappling, ground grappling.......simply put.......Okinawan Goju Ryu has it all.

Yes I totally agree with that, switching from kickboxing to karate I was expected to learn some grappling too but surely Okinawan goju has exceeded my expectations it is really a complete system.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey Goombah......how long have you been training in Goju ?

PS....hope you dont mind me callin' you Goombah.....thats a good thing over here. ;-)

Kinda like "Pisan"

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Hey Goombah......how long have you been training in Goju ?

PS....hope you dont mind me callin' you Goombah.....thats a good thing over here. ;-)

Kinda like "Pisan"

Very little. 7 months. But I had the chance to appreciate a lot of aspects.

P.S. Goombah is spelled in italian Compa' which is a short form for compare (literally means godfather but it is also generally used as: friend expecially from southern italians), while paisa' or pisan as you wrote, means coming from the same town or region or even country.

So I don't mind be called like that.

Edited by italian_guy

Cool.....thanks for the language lesson ;-)

7 months is a great start......let me know if I can help you in any way......questions, thoughts....whatever......Im here to help :-)

Cool.....thanks for the language lesson ;-)

7 months is a great start......let me know if I can help you in any way......questions, thoughts....whatever......Im here to help :-)

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

No problem IG.......and just for the record.....thats goes for anyone and everyone......some of you know me already......whatever I can do to help......just ask. :-)

Yes, traditional Okinawan karate has always been more attractive to me simply because of the more wholistic approach to everything. I've had the opportunity to train in jujitsu and other things, and sometimes one of the dojo I train in does jujitsu just to emphasize certain points, but I've never felt the need to study something merely because I felt my Okinawan karate was lacking.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/