• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was wondering if anyone knows of ways to improve the length of time for keeping your ands up. I tend to get tired after a while and i was curious to know of ways i can last longer.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weights.

Hold your arms out and hold weights,it works out your shoulder area.If you can hold them up for awhile with weights,it'll be a walk in a park without them.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Weights.

Hold your arms out and hold weights,it works out your shoulder area.If you can hold them up for awhile with weights,it'll be a walk in a park without them.

I agree, you may also add one or two round shadowboxing with weights (use small wheights 1 or 2 kg 2 or 4 lbs) , followed by one round shadowboxing without weights. (and feel the difference) Pay paricular attention in NOT overextending your arm when doing it.

All good replies, but constant motion of the arms help too. Don't hold a rigid fixed position. Your guard should be constantly moving in an unpredictable fashion which shares the strain amongst different muscle groups and never gives your opponent time to figure out your guard and work around it. :lol:

Donkey

All good points.

47MartialMan, I think he is referring to keeping your hands up so that you're ready to block a kick or punch to the head/face.

My very first tournament I had to go to the hospital with a head concussion. After that, I KEEP MY HANDS UP. I train very hard to keep them up... After that tournament, I spent many training sessions holding my ears while I do my techniques :P

Edited by Dijita