American Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Wrestling yes. Wrestling came from the Greeks.

There is not ture American MA. Because like "Americans" we come from every race, religon, ethnic background, county, etc. Americans are a mixture of people from all differant lands. If there is an American MA it is the idea of cross training. America loves to take the best from this and the best from that and make a new product better. So IMO the only American MA is the mix of others.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

in the early days of pro kickboxing benny urquidez went to japan and won....many dutch fighters are phenominal at thai fighting....saying that japanese or oriental fighters are best is simply due to the history behind the arts....there are great fighters from many countries and cultures and styles.....

You can say that again about the Dutch fighters. We also have a few kick-ass free fighters.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Kickboxing originated from Thailand, it is their national sport...and Jigoro Kano founded Judo in Japan....and the American styles of Jiu-jitsu still came for Japan and Brazil, they were just modified for that "American" feel.

America hasnt produced that many martial arts, actually none that I can think of...but we add that Western Feel to them, and just make things easier...

Like instead of training with a potatoe sack with sand in it... we buy a heavy bag...

does it make it any more Asian or Oriental or less American no...

cause you are learning it in America!

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

The way I understood it kickboxing originated somewhere in France (or at least an early form of it) in the 19th century,

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

The way I understood it kickboxing originated somewhere in France (or at least an early form of it) in the 19th century,

I would assume that's Savate.

I'm sure more than one country has thought of fighting with the feet. A lot of arts probably originated on their own in different places.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

However you like to look at it, kickboxing here was still a spin off of Muay Thai, we havent created something new, or taken something from nothing. Influence plays an important role no matter what martial art you do.

Savate or boxe francaise (they are the same thing) came from France. Not kickboxing.

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."