American Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

muaythaidm, - i think kickboxing didnt come from usa, judo did , but kickboxing im sure comes from Thailand, but there is different types of kickboxing, chinese kickboxing and thai kickboxing, but i dont thing that there is a usa kickboxing???

maybe im wrong i dunno

-ad :karate: :brow: :razz:

Orange Belt Ho gar kuien Kung Fu

Orange Belt Kickboxing

14 yr old

10 and half stone

[ This Message was edited by: ad on 2002-01-07 07:13 ]

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Kajukenpo is an american art. It originated in Hawaii as a mixture of karate, judo, and kenpo. Well, it may be based on oriental arts but the founders proclaimed it american.

The american art that the rest of the world sees to our disadvantage is the gunfight.

There are hundreds and hundreds of types of martial arts throughout the world. Some countries developed their own unique martial art while others (like the U.S.A.) adapt other martial arts to fit their own situations. All it takes is to find a martial art and give your way of fighting a new name and make yourself the "master." For this reason, new martial arts and styles of martial arts appear all the time. A style may refer to a specific martial art or a variation of an established martial art. Some martial arts have been in existence for centuries, some for decades, and others for weeks.

Yeah....Billy is laughing too :lol: ... all the way to the bank!

And....kickboxing is a modern martial sport that combines the hand techniques of Western boxing with the kicks of the Asian martial arts. Not originated in the U.S.

ITF/TKD Black Belt (1st dan)/Fitness Kickboxing Instructor

(KarateForums Sensei)

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-01-07 12:12 ]

this may be slightly insulting to somebody, but not stereotyping anyone, but the asians in my view are the best fighters, so i personally think its better to study there self defense arts,

but then again, what do i know :razz: :razz:,

-ad :karate: :brow: :lol:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

in the early days of pro kickboxing benny urquidez went to japan and won....many dutch fighters are phenominal at thai fighting....saying that japanese or oriental fighters are best is simply due to the history behind the arts....there are great fighters from many countries and cultures and styles.....

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever