• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wado Ryu students?

Chirath

I was just wondering if anyone does wado ryu in this forum. All the members who did wado ryu seem to have gone. It suppose to be one of the popular karates. So this is just a roll call to any wado ryu studetns. Maybe we can start a discussion about it here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, I study Wado Ryu, with the UKA (United Karate Association) based around Woodford, Buckhurst Hill, Debden area.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

Alot of Wado students seem to come from Canada and the UK. I like the style but would happily move over in a second if there was a kyokushin school near me. I like the ju-jitsu part of Wado Ryu but personally I would prefer doing a strong style than a faster one. What are you guys impressions about Wado Ryu?

I'm 6th kyu (Orange in our school). We start at 8th (for juniors), or 7th for adults. I've been practising for exactly 1 year. My last test was in September and it was tough (the chief instructor tested us all). I don't want to test again for a while!

Impressions of Wado Ryu? I don't know really as its the only style I've ever studied and the only style I really know about. To me, it's karate, something I've always wanted to do. And I enjoy it for that. I have heard from a Shotokan Black Belt that Wado Ryu is faster, not as hard as Shotokan, easier on the knees and that Wado Ryu stylists tend to be good at sparring.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

• 2 weeks later...