• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It also depends on the karate style, because karate can be so many things. I believe a kyokushin fighter would knock a boxer to the ground, as the boxer would become passive and insecure when fighting bare-handed and with kicks.

On the other hand, a boxer has more technique and skill with his punches, as kyokushin fighters focuses more on strength, since they only punch the body.

Kyokushin also has very intense and hard training, as opposed to light contact karate styles. This means that the physical condition of the kyokushin might be better, as his willpower. If following K-1 rules, without the gloves, a kyokushin fighter would almost always win. With gloves, I don't know. One things for sure, kyokushin fighters has a much wider range in abilities than a boxer.

Although, as you guys said before, it varies from individuals and training methods.

16 years old

1. dan Kyokushin Karate

Never underestimate your opponent!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyokushin also has very intense and hard training, as opposed to light contact karate styles. This means that the physical condition of the kyokushin might be better, as his willpower. If following K-1 rules, without the gloves, a kyokushin fighter would almost always win. With gloves, I don't know. One things for sure, kyokushin fighters has a much wider range in abilities than a boxer.

Although, as you guys said before, it varies from individuals and training methods.

Your last statement is very true, a couple of weeks ago a kyokushin practitioner (although I don't know what her level was) came to our dojo (light contact karate style) to train and could not finish our strenght training exercise routine.

I think that the trainig intensity is independent on the style and it is very dependent on the dojo.

you know, a lot of people say that karate has kicks and therefor has an edge with that. that can be true, but a lot of the time kicks get you into trouble. randy couture, top gun in ufc for those of you who dont know, doesnt throw kicks because he considers them to be just too dangerous. dont get me wrong, i love muay thai, the thai kick, and using it on people- but with a boxer's hands, just because theyre two weapons instead of however many, doesnt necessarily give him a disadvantage. id say sometimes, often in street fighting situations, it gives him an advantage.

It all depends on the skill. I have taken out a boxer before, I have also taken out a karateka before. You can't just parry boxer's punches, you need to dodge them, you need especialy to keep your balance. roundhouse kicks will get you destroyed, front kicks and side kicks would work best. A Tae Kwon Do black belt who could kick hard and fast would have the best chance, if you just practice basic karate, you're screwed. Boxer would win, in my opinion. Their punches HURT.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

• 4 weeks later...
roundhouse kicks will get you destroyed

low ones won't.

on Do black belt who could kick hard and fast would have the best chance, if you just practice basic karate, you're screwed.

WTF??

but with a boxer's hands, just because theyre two weapons instead of however many, doesnt necessarily give him a disadvantage. id say sometimes, often in street fighting situations, it gives him an advantage.

agreed.

Normal Karateka vs. Boxer.

--Boxer would win, hands down.

Kyokushin Karateka vs. Boxer

Now THAT would be interesting, as Kyokushin is pretty brutal.

A Tae Kwon Do black belt who could kick hard and fast would have the best chance

no way- the thai kicks are the best you can get- believe me they hit the hardest. ive met maybe one tkd practitioner ever whos kicks id be afraid of... and if you stuck him against a thai boxer.. no contest.

this debate is getting intresting

yes, it really is.

Edited by VinnieDaChin

i'd go with boxing for sure, but like Infrazael said, kyokushin stands a good chance simply because they fight as much, i consider it a much higher regard than other karates. someone who was a good friend of mine is 2nd degree black belt in shotokan, his dad is an 8th dan GM, and he's been taking it all of his life. my other friend who was only in kyokoshin for only a couple of years, (same height, just a bit stronger) trashed him. boxing seems a more evolved... unpredictable way of fighting compared to conventional karate, the foot work makes all the difference.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.