• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you get banged up?

shotochem

I don't get 'banged' up any more in jiu jitsu, we always we tap out before we get hurt.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I don't get banged up any more, but I have had my list of injuries.

Here are some major ones(from training. In an actual fight I have not been injured yet)

A spear wound to left lower abdomen. (I grabbed it and stopped it from goin all the way through me, luckily it didn't go too deep and wasn't a very thick spear. I have the 2" scar still.)

A sword wound to the hand.

A seriously bruised forearm(I blocked a flailing nunchaku with it, it was sore for about 4 days)

A broken nose.

Iron bar to chin scar.

A minor stab wound to the hand from a knife.

A bolo(filipino machete) cut to the shin, to the bone. (nice scar)

A plethora of spranged joints in the hands. Never a spranged ankle.

Tons of bruises and bumps from bo, boken, shinai, nunchaku. Along with all the blood blisters one could desire.

I acquired all these wounds training in my youth. Luckily all of them have healed and I am fine now. Aside from the scars you wouldn't be able to tell I got quite the reality training. The advantage now being, I have a very high tolerance for pain. I had a chunk of skin cut out of my foot while in the Philippines, it was stitched back. The chunk was 1'' x 1'' from the heel. There was no anesthetic. He just cut into me and sewed me up. It hurt, but I sat up to watch him to make sure he did it correctly, then walked away on it. I was training a few days later. (I was in the provinces of the Philippines I needed to be prepared).

When training now, though, the only injuries sustained are minor bruises and bumps. Nothing serious.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Hmmm.......My MA injuries. Nothing compared to football but I have had plenty.

Dislocated Shoulder

Broken Toe

Broken Fingers (never relized how much the thumb is used until I broke it)

Bloody Noses (lost count)

Bruises (would not have enough time to count those)

Dislocated Toe

Cuncussion

Wind Knocked out of me Numerous times.

Rug Burn (yes I said Rug Burn)

Black Eye

hmmm.....I think that is all ......... then again I may not remember them all. :lol: