• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kenpo/Kempo Roll Call

Red J

Welcome, where do you study? You may also want to look at the thread called Kempo Principle: Breaking Balance. It's in the Karate forum. You will see some SKK in that one.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that!

I've always found Kajukenbo interesting. It's pretty hardcore, from what I've heard.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Good luck with that!

I've always found Kajukenbo interesting. It's pretty hardcore, from what I've heard.

some people cant train with us because they either cant handle being hit the way we are hit, others cant take the physical training - those 2 for the most part.

Others just dont have the discipline...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Good luck with that!

some people cant train with us because they either cant handle being hit the way we are hit, others cant take the physical training - those 2 for the most part.

It sounds like my kind of training. :brow:

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Good luck with that!

It sounds like my kind of training. :brow:

yeah, i wouldnt have it any other way.

By being hit I know where a technique will be effective and when it wont be.

the physical training part; I wish I had more time to dedicate to it, for now college takes most of my time but I still train my hardest.

hey its nice to see all you fellow kenpo people . i have been studying for about three years now and with no signs of quitting anytime soon lol good luck in your training everyone and I will be talking to ya !!!!!!!!! :)

your hands and feet are all the protection you need, you win some you loose some but you live to fight another day !!!

some people cant train with us because they either cant handle being hit the way we are hit

My least favorite thing about AK is our tendency to be slappy. Our dojo tends to overcompensate and hit way harder, but that's good, in my opinion.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

some people cant train with us because they either cant handle being hit the way we are hit

My least favorite thing about AK is our tendency to be slappy. Our dojo tends to overcompensate and hit way harder, but that's good, in my opinion.

dont underestimate slapping- slapping can help you keep your opponent distracted, of course, it only helps getting people angry if you dont hit hard too.

in kajukenbo rarely do we slap, unless we want to catch people off guard and move our hands around really quick. As for the rest of the hits, they are mostly hard hits- quick defense and oportunity to leave