• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About how long till i see result?

Sinar89

there is always a mountain to get over when you first start lifting weights. When I first started I didn't see result for 4 months. But when I got around that curve, I exploded. Getting up the hill is always the hardest.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, Dune

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

all right, rock on. thanks. umm, my school does have a weight lifting program but its a class you can take and the years already started. i could go to the schools gym to workout after school but i have mot of the equipment i need hear and plus you have to do their routine their. you can't mix it up to fit your style you have to workout on what they tell you...really sucks so i don't do it

you can't mix it up to fit your style you have to workout on what they tell you...really sucks so i don't do it

That's what I thought at first, too. But you'll learn a lot from taking it, trust me. You'll learn how to bench-press properly (it's a lot more involved than you might think), you'll learn about those different styles and knowledge is always useful, you'll learn how to use the machines or just the equiptment in general (and how to do the exercises properly without hurting yourself) and you'll just get a feel for everything. Plus, if you're social, you'll make some friends that might come in handy if you ever in trouble ;)

It doesn't really matter if it fits your style or not. You're just starting out, aren't you? The way you choose to train comes into play once you've built a good base, once you're strong overall. After that you can go with freeweights, calisthenics, machines, power lifting, cardiovascular, whatever you want. But in order to really find your "style" you have to build a good base then then experiment with other styles to find what's really best for you. Take the class next year.

Oh yeah, and incase you're worrying that taking a semester weight-lifting class will turn you into a muscle-bound hulk... don't. It's not going to happen that easily.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

thedevilaside is right. Doesn't really matter what routine you do, you'll eventually see results. You're just starting out so gaining muscle is a heck of a lot easier than a seasoned weight lifter. and certain lifts that seem simple and very complex and it's best to have a teacher. It a pain in the butt but it'll be worth in the long run when you do your own routine.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, Dune

If you have the money, go for it.

But you're only 15, I personally wouldn't put that much time, money and effort into simply just working out, especially since at your age your gains (or losses, whatever you're going for) will probably be minimal anyway.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill