• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cabbage Soup Diet??????

shotochem

Hi Guys,

My wife is trying this crazy "Cabbage Soup Diet". I told her I would do it with her since its only for a week. I was wondering if anyone around here tried it? Will it effect my training in regards to loss of energy. It don't look too bad, however I thing an addition of a couple of bonless chicken breast would round it out a bit. What do you think?

http://members.fortunecity.com/gillonj/thecabbagesoupdiet/

I figure if I lost 5 lbs it won't kill me. I'm trying to be supportive as my wife nedds to lose a bit of weight. I'm just concerned about any possible negative effects.

Thanks, :karate:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ummm sound pretty good, I dont think it will affect your training that much especially if your really going to be having some chicked with it. You need that meat to keep going (atleast I do)

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Please add other vegetables to your diet.

While cabbage is good for you, it will not provide enough

nutrients for your system.

However, since it is only for a week, it wont do any harm.

Yes, I can wear this while doing karate.

sounds kind of hokey to me... there are no secrets to weight loss. It doesn't take weird or extreme diets to lose weight.

JMHO.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

The soup was filled with vegtables. It was pretty good with chicken. Still is was a rather boring way to eat.

Net result after the one week diet:

I dropped 5 lbs. I felt fine with what I ate. :)

Wife got really nasty after 2 days and quit diet after 4 days. :evil:

She lost 4lbs. 2 weeks later she gained back 6. :brow:

Me, I'm still down 3. :wink:

The huge siroloin steak followed by a rather large Ice cream sundae....

Priceless!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

It sounds like the Cabbage Soup Diet (CSD) is simply a different take on severe caloric restriction dieting. The theory of reducing calories so drastically so as to lose weight quickly has been shown time after time as a very poor and ineffective way to lose weight. The body goes into "starvation mode", and your metabolism slows. This is the body's self defense mechanism (which through much human evolution) that allowed the caveman to survive on fat stored in the body when food was scarce. The problem is, once normal caloric intake begins again, the metabolism does not fully catch up- instead, the body feels it is necessary to store excess calories and other energy in fat cells in case another event like this occurs in the near future. This is why most calorie restricted dieters gain the weight back AND THEN SOME when they resume normal eating patterns- the body's self-defense mechanism kicks in involuntarily. Best way to lose weight? Change your overall lifestyle. Get plenty of exercise and eat better for the rest of your life. Fad diets don't work, and people rarely are able to stick with them for a long period of time. But lifestyle changes can really keep the weight off and energy levels up for prolonged periods of time.

Mixed Martial Artist