• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What motivates you to train

for me usally i think brick breaking does motivate me to train I know its sounds stramge but it pumps me up and rock and roll and dont forget the ladies :D

EDIt: what I mean to say is watching Brick break I think its just cool

So what keeps you going in MA?

Edited by Samurai Shotokan

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fun of doing it. This is the first thing

And also the health benefit, the fitness, the self-defence skill the mental benefits.... but above all

there is the fun. :D

First it is just so fun for me, and then of course your getting your body in good shape (while having fun), and the self defense benifits are a major plus. Italian guy pretty much said it all

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

The ability to know you can pretty much take out any threat to yourself/companions.

A sense of safty... even if its not real, if a bigger guy is pushing me around, i can use his size against him, with joint locks, sweeps extc..

its nice

In General...

1. The biggest love in life...spending time with my kids.

2. Health and fitness through enjoyable recreational activity.

3. Self defense.

Specific events...

1. When preparing for tournaments. I think to myself, while I'm here at home taking it easy my opponents are out there training to kick my butt. It don't take long for me to get up and go after a thought like that.

2. When preparing for a belt test. I'm an over acheiver. I'll train and practice above the recommended or miminum requirements.

3. Desire to learn a new skill and perfect it. Right now it's sai and bo.

Other motivational factors...

Get out of doing the laundry.

Edited by Kicks

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I definetely enjoy teaching my kids. They have such a good time with it, that it is contagious.

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

The fact that I wake up every morning with this almost paralyzing pain and know why, also because I pay for this abuse. It is in my blood!!

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

for me usally i think brick breaking does motivate me to train I know its sounds stramge but it pumps me up

:-? Were you abused by bricks when you were younger? Maybe you have some deep rooted issues. Something set in stone. You know, very concrete. :D

Honor all things.

know thyself...ma to me is the only way to do this

let me correct myself...ma is the other half of the way to accomplish this.

Edited by manuelito

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"