• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do females make good MA?

This is a rather tired "argument" isn't it? We all know good female martial artists and good male martial artists. It seems in this thread that women are trying to "prove" themselves more than men, what with the constant attempts at rationalizing why women are obviously equal to men. I have no problem with women, it's just an observation, in response to those who think men are trying to "prove" themselves.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do females make good Martial Artists?

YES THEY DO!

We do a lot of sparring at our school, and the other night I was having my students spar, the end match was two females. By the way We are a fairly new school so all of my students have 7 months or less training with me. So my male students are all getting awsome at their techniques and a lot of power, trust me I'm holding the pads hahahaha. Anyways my female students are just amazing me like crazy, they are progressing very fast and developing awsome power. Okay so we had about 10 different rounds of males sparring, the matches were pretty good they are starting to get really good, but the last match was between two of my female students, when the match started the guys were just trying to catch their breath from sparring and working the bag, but half way into the first round of the girls 3 round match up, everyone was watching. They were working combos like crazy, using everything that they have been working on automatically.

Okay so here is what I would like to hear. Has anyone ever noticed that when some males spar their first couple of times all they want to do is forget about their training and hit their sparring partner technique out the window, of course not all but I've noticed it takes a few matches before most males are using their combos etc. But I'm seeing when I stick females in for their first few matches, they are more apted to use their training such as proper technique, combos, footwork etc.

Is this because males have more of a fear of loosing so they loose control easier?

Or is it because most females dont come into a school already feeling like they know what they are doing?

Why is this? haha

Anyways I'm very impressed with all of my students and how they are doing. When I was growing up training myself our school was mostly males and I think that it was due to the fact that our classes were pretty brutal, so I try to run the same realistic environment but with a bit more control hahaha and I'm having a great turnout of females.

sniff sniff I smell an article! hint hint nudge nudge wink wink

Well .. don't know.

I've seen awesome MA women and some really lame, as I've seen males in the same situation. I think we shoud talk about commitment, hard work, dedication and so on. They are relevant. Sex is just ... statistic :karate:

If a person puts some effort in his/her training .. there's nothing that can stop him/her become good and respected :)

True, but it does seem to be an issue in MA (and indeed leife in general) anyway.

Personally I always wonder why it matters. IMO anyone who thinks one sex is better at MA than another.. has alot to learn.

True, but it does seem to be an issue in MA (and indeed leife in general) anyway.

Personally I always wonder why it matters. IMO anyone who thinks one sex is better at MA than another.. has alot to learn.

totally agree...

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."