• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weakness and lightheadedness after headrush

goedikey

Hello,

We were practicing mutual bag work when my friend kicked me in the belly.

I was aware the kick was coming. I mistakingly held my breath while receiving the blow. I felt like a lot of pressure went to my hed but nothing more. Like a headrush.

Since then, I have been feeling somewhat lightheaded and weak at times.

Its like having low blood pressure or something.

Had a headache the same day but now its gone.

i suspect that there may have been too much pressure in my ear canal, and its taking some time to heal...

Whats up with that ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know about this one....could be nothing. But if the headache returns or the light headedness keeps up, go visit a doctor. On the RARE chance you strained yourself so much that you actually popped a small capillary or other blood vessel somewhere, it's always good to get checked out. I have heard rare occasions where an anyeurysm (sp?) popped when guys lift heavy weight or strain while not breathing. Always remember to breathe....let us know how u are doing!

Mixed Martial Artist

Yeah this sounds familiar but this happened on my first couple of practices. I think it was just because I was heavily out of shape and not breathing properly. I felt light headed and was actually about to pass out. Slighty nausea too. Maybe it was because i wasnt properly hydrated or not enough electrolytes...it was after some strenuous exercises (strenuous for me at least ,everyone seemed to be fine, heavy breathing but fine)

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

Personally, i think you should get a check-up and report this incident to your doctor, as well as the ensuing residual effects.

I'm not as inclined as the others to just brush it off.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro