• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think ot Kyokushikai Karate?

ibuki

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got my start in Kyokushin in 1973 stayed for 3 years.......good style.....very "hard" though......with no "soft".....you lack a lot of trapping and locking and "controlling" techniques....they train tough fighters.....are you looking into a Kyokushin dojo ?.....Have you trained anything else ?.....What are you looking for in a martial art for yourself ?

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I dont know much about it, but since I've been reading these posts it seems to be talked about pretty highly.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

My instructor has trained in kyokushin karate and he always speaks highly of it as a style.

I've never had any experience of it, except through discussion with other members on these forums.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

my shorin sensei started with TKD then kyokushin then Goju ryu at the end stayed with shorin-ryu (Nidan TKD and Goju, shodan KK and sandan shorin-ryu he stoped testing after 1985 , he got tired of belts, thats why he test us once a year)this is what he says as a joke:

TKD : best M.A. joke

KK: Handicaps production line

Goju:How to breath for idiots

Shorin:Hot to move for idiots

I love it, my favorite art that I have tried. Maybe this sounds mean, but I love being allowed to hit people really hard. ;) :P

Yes it is mean. :lol:

I got my start in Kyokushin in 1973 stayed for 3 years.......good style.....very "hard" though......with no "soft".....you lack a lot of trapping and locking and "controlling" techniques....they train tough fighters.....are you looking into a Kyokushin dojo ?.....Have you trained anything else ?.....What are you looking for in a martial art for yourself ?

I'm training kyokushin at the moment.May be about three years experience with it.I've trained a little kick box and taekwon-do.And I'm training karate because I need to improve my technics in it.Actually my aims are to be a good athlete in it.I'm not training it with spiritual or etc. aims.But paradoxically I'm in a club where the trainings are not with sport aims but only for good shape but I don't want to change my club.If i change it,it will be after three years when I will go to another town to learn and may be to try another kind of style(may be judo or sambo)

Have you trained anything else?What are you looking for in a martial art for yourself ?

OSSU!

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed studying Kyokushin, I regret leaving the dojo now. I was younger then though.

I would highly recommend it. It makes you pretty tough. Years later I still remember a lot of my training. It really stays with you.