• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stretching

ncole_91

Hello,

I had a question about strechting, would it be better to hold a stretch for 10 seconds, then do it again 2 or 3 times, or should I hold the stretch for 1 minute and 30 seconds??

Thank you in advance,

Nicolas Cole :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feel free to hold a stretch as long as you'd like to, as long as you're able to breath clearly in a comfortable manner. If you cannot breath smoothly, you're stretching too hard. Take yoga, for instance... many postures are deliberately held for a period of 60 seconds and taking 6 deep inhales & exhales throughout that time is advocated.

Whilst warming up I prefer not to hold a stretch for more than 10 seconds. Breathing is very important and you should focus on it. Once you have warmed up and feel that you can actually stretch more comfortabaly then you should hold it for longer periods with a slight tense for the last 5 count. This works for me.

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

Thanks for the advice,

I was wondering if I vould do any harm to myself if I stretch for the 60 seconds, can still breath normaly, but I am in lots of pain........but I don't think about it and think about the breathing.......

Is this bad for me?

As long as it is not the joints that pain and merely the muscles. 60 seconds is fine and controlling your pain by not thinking about it is also very good. Continue doing it.

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me