Difference in Korea and The US

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just always heard that, when they train, they don't really question the instructors, like people here in the States. But then again, this is only hear say, I have never been fortunate enough to go train in Korea.. Would love to though!

Am sad to said, but i saw some black belts videos of a really basic kicks done really wrong, as those BB had never trained in a long and sorrow time.

Here are some BB posting about some easy kicks just like seeking for a new and revolutionry relativity teory.

But, as norther as sad. Here we had some students from canada, w/ blue, red and/or black belt that doesn`t know even how to do an ap shagee.

Sad will be if nor any of u (exept Carnage) can tell me what is an eugul makee, or a dumbok monton shee. Sadest be if u don`t know wt an ap shagee is bcuz some of your schools had show that can`t performs one as God comands.

Live your day as it is the last, think like gonna live forever.

Ahp Cha-gee = front kick

Eugul(?) Mak-kee = Some kind of block

As for the rest, I think your spelling leaves a little to be desired, as is evident by your entire post. Check out this link for some Korean Terminology:http://www.isu.edu/stdorg/sports/tkd/glossary.html

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

One of our Masters came back from a Korean trip a couple years ago, and was absolutely enranged at how sloppy a lot of our Korean colleagues techniques were.

Of course, this was only his opinion, and he has high standards. But he definately broke the myth for me.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about eight hours a day. That is a full time job. I train as much as I can- about three hours every day, and it can be difficult with classes and exams and everything else.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

where do u find programs to spend a summer training in korea? i'm a university student. and i've always wanted to train in korea for a bit.

See if your University has a Study Abroad program. A lot of Unis are tied in with schools in other countries for such purposes. usually you have to have pretty decent grades to be considered, as competition is tight.

If I could do it over again, I'd definetely try spending a semester in Spain or another country.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.