• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need feedback/comments/suggestions :)

Jack

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack ... have the knees checked out by a sport /orthopedic doctor. My daughter (same age as you) also experienced pain in knees. Come to find out that yes it was just "growing" pains with a combination or overuse (dancing and TKD) She uses a brace on occassion when they act up and he gave her a list of stretching exercises to do BEFORE doing sport-related activities.

Tae Kwon Do Blk Belt 1st deg./Fitness Kickboxing Instructor

(KarateForums Sensei)

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-01-02 08:18 ]

I've had them examined by a doctor, but he did examine them pretty quickly and say it was growing pains. Are you suggesting a more thorough check from a doctor more specific on the field of knee/sports injuries?

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Hey, Jack. One question. How the hell do you bring your knee to your butt? :spitlaugh:

You have a great work-out routine. Only if I could fine the time and somewhere to put a heavy bag, I would adopt it to my routine. Try working your back alittle more. A good back gives great posture, broader shoulders, and a "V" shape look that we all want. A good back also helps in bed or for pick up a hot chick onto your arms.

To strenghten your knees, you have to strenghten your quads(front muscle of thigh) and hamstring(back muscle of thigh). Try the phantom chair which works out the entire thigh. Lend back against a wall, chest out, knees unlocked, foot about one-and-half foot from wall, slightly wider than shoulders width aparts, toes slighlty pointed out. Slide your body until the thighs are parallel to the ground. Hold posture until fatigue sets in.

I found out I can stand like that for 3 min. until my thigh gets fatigue. I go for 3 sets of that. "Pain is no longer pain when it has past"

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Knee to butt? oops :/

Thanks for all of the advice, I'll take it to heart. That phantom chair exercise looks very helpful too!

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• 3 years later...

hey Jack,

Remember to schedule time for your body to rest and recover. I agree with the post that say you may be overtraining. Listen to your body. It will tell you when you need to quit and how far it can be pushed. Good luck and stay safe.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Hey guys. I just spent the last 15 minutes drawing up this new routine for myself and I'd like all of yours opinions. Well, I need anyone to spot out any parts of training at all that I have missed out since I want to include everything possible. I've decided to reach a new level of diligent practice, and my current routine doesn't really hold to that. So, comments, feedback, anything to help me improve this more :razz:

Monday: Endurance, Skill, Flexibility - 100 minutes

Tuesday: Strength, Endurance, Speed - 100 minutes

Wednesday: Endurance, Skill, Flexibility - 100 minutes

Thursday: Strength, Endurance, Speed - 100 minutes

Friday: Skill, Flexibility - 100 minutes

Saturday: Strength, Endurance, Speed - 100 minutes

Sunday: Endurance, Skill - Varies (40 to 120 minutes)

Endurance:

Shadow Boxing - 3 minutes rounds

Bagwork - 3 minute rounds

Advanced Kicking

Exercise Bike - 20 minutes - 1/1/0.5 (slow/fast/v.fast) or steady pace, or 3/2

Strength:

Weights...

Bicep Curl

Tricep Extension

Military Press Behind Neck

Bench Press

Barbell Pulldown

Dumbell Pulldown

Shrugs

Deadlift

Abdominals...

Weighted Situps - 10 Minutes solid

Crunches - 5 minutes solid

Leg lifts - 4 sets of 100

Speed:

Explosive pushups (Down slowly, Up as quickly as possible)

Jumps with knees to Chest quickly

Jumps with knees to butt quickly

Hops on/off Obstacle

Skill:

Forms - twice each. Once slowly for precision, once quicker for power

Drills - Single moves or combinations down the hall

Stationary move practice - practice a move repeatedly in stationary position

Balance - Standing on balls of feet, standing on one leg, etc.

Shadow Boxing - 3 minute rounds

Bag work - 3 minute rounds

Flexibility:

Dynamic Stretches: Front, side, back every morning and every warmup

Static Stretches: Leg out infront, lean forward try to bring head to knee

From standing, drop slowly close to splits

Sitting down Splits

I am aware there are no lower body weight exercises, its because my knees and ankles hurt quite a lot sometimes due to growing pains so I dont want to cause unnecessary stress with squats and lunges :smile:

So, anything at all I am missing out on? Don't be afraid now I want to try and include as much as possible. Yes I'm aware of meditation, but, I dont know if I'll be able to fit that in at the moment.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I am glad to see you are thinking about and planning your training. This is an important step.

I would highly recommend you thoroughly explore and implement a plyometric sequence into your weekly training, especially after using weights.

You also might want to explore doing agility exercises. Without seeing more detail of your actual training its hard to say.

But you get a definate A for the planning. Now monitor your progress, study and inprove that programme.

With your commitment and positive attitude you will go far. Again congrads on your forsight and commitment

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing