• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thinking of karate

missy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

They are both good and powerful systems so you could use any of them. Still you need to work VERY hard to make the techniques work and to have a carload of luck to be able to use them when they are needed. Better to stay off places you could encounter "trouble", train hard and realistically and realise there is no magical formula to make you a super a..kicker. Self defence consists in more than kicking someone. But you'll certainly learn it in your karate or kickboxing class provided you have the right person to instruct you. Search for a good dojo or gym. A very good instructor can really open your eyes. :karate:

It depends on the focus of the School/instructor

if you want self defence then dont go to a school

that is focused on sport karate :idea:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

Kickboxing is basically sport Karate!

So make sure you find a decent Karate Club that focuses on all aspects of Karate - not just sport...cos that will basically be a kickboxing club! :roll:

Maybe even think about doing Ju Jitsu either as well as, or instead of Karate for selfdefence! - Just my 2 penneth!

I am assuming they are both good schools. I would suggest going to the kickboxing school for a year. This will give you good practice on the basic techniques of Karate, get you in good physical condition, and teach you to keep going after taking hard hits. Then you could switch over to Karate to get the advanced skills and more focus on defense on the street.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

With kickboxing you learn basic skill faster and I think more efficiently but if you want a full featured martial art (with all its aspects) take karate.

Also Radok suggestion may be good this is what I did anyway. :wink: