• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

why do most females like kickboxing

all the instructors at my school are male but ive been to only one actual class and there were at total of 4 students Me and mah bro who are both guys and one enormous chick then some like 14 year old girl. im gonna go a lil more but what worries me is that i wont have any guys to actually fight. i wanna do full contact fighting and not that kickboxing workout crap. my instructor teaches to use elbows and knees though so i guess he has some muay thai techniques in there.

learn the art of martialing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually kickboxing was the only martial art I did where men were the majority. In my karate class and in my TCC class we have more women then men.

• 3 weeks later...

You mean watered-down, Americanized kickboxing? That stuff? Allright in a real fight, although I would not depend on it.

A boxer typically has alot more powerful punches. A Thai boxer can cause hell of alot more damage.

However, kickboxing has its merits. It's damned good fun!!! If I just wanna have a little fun with my non-MAist friends, we'd just strap on some gloves and I'll try not to do any kung-fu or elbows/knees to them.

Plus, it's a good workout, it gets you into shape, and you don't get smashed by Sao Choys, bruised ribs by accidental Leopard Fist strikes, or elbows smashed into your face.

It's just an exercise really, that teaches you "some" fighting, but is not well rounded at all methinks.

ikyutfyg

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• 2 months later...

My sister is a kickboxing instructor. She likes it because it's a combination of great workout, useful street-effective technique, and they practice fighting instead of learning kata. Many women are limber enough to do it well so that may be another reason you see so many.

She's also a surgeon, so Muay Thai is out of the question because she can't afford to get hurt training.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of females like kickboxing due to the workout they get from it. So it's a fitness thing for them. When it comes to fighting, a lot of females prefer kickboxing because of the lack of physical contact as opposed to a grappling art.

To be honest with you many females just don't feel very comfortable with grappling with a guy and I don't blame them. I wouldn't feel too comfortable in grappling with a female because I don't want her accusing me of copping a feel off her.

Totally understandable. :karate:

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a total of one girl in my muay thai class but the cardio class that is before the muay thai fighters get there is 100% female

Fist visible Strike invisible