• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2 hours a day overtraining? want your opinion......

Croy

You are probably training a bit too much, Rock. A person needs to give their minds and bodies time to recover from training. Think of it like this, you can study physics for 12 hours straight, but usually the fist couple hours are all you really retain.
this is true, but once you have adapted your body to a situation, it becomes much easier to perform in that situation. look at military training for instance.

Keep it intense!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Even in the military, they don't train intensely all of the time. They do have long hours, but they also take breaks. Also, the military doesn't really care about your long-term health, they just want you to get the job done.

If you're looking to be able to train for 12 hours at a time, that's ok. If you want to actually get better flexibility, speed and strength, let your body have some recovery time.

Let your mind have recovery time if you want to learn more as well.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

RockSOLLIDD, what OLympic sport are you training for? If its to compete in the Tae Kwon Do competition are you training with a TKD instructor? I see by your profile that you study shotokan. There's quite a difference between the two sports.

Either way, good luck with your training and we'll be pulling for you!

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

well there is, but the general foundation of the martial arts is pretty similar. ill only need about a year to go to tkd and adapt my style. i also find that karate is a bit more of a martial art than a sport, whereas tkd has become a sport. i have been to tkd and i find that karate is more challenging, but that is just my opinion.

besides, i already have the phisical component down, so now i can train harder in the areas of skill.

Keep it intense!!!!

OK RockSOLLIDD, it seems you have a game plan.

My only suggestion for now is to enter as many TKD Olympic style tournaments as you can. You need to gauge your progress and keep adapted with the rhythm and rules of the game. I don't know if you can get enough tournaments under your belt in just one year, unless you plan to do some traveling. Even then, it's going to be wearing on the body and mind. You may want to start hitting the tournaments earlier.

Keep us updated on your progress. Good luck! :karate:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Alright when i lived in Korea this summer my training was 8 hours a day!

6-7(morning running/sprints)

10-12(speed drills)

3-6(sparring)

7-9(kicking drills)

I know it is hard with lifestyle to train like that, but that is the way to go.

"To be the man, you have to beat the man!"

Carnage, do you do WTF TKD? Are you a member of USTU? AAU? If so, did you compete in Nationals this year. I took my daughter to the AAU Nationals in FT Lauderdale, FL this year. We didn't do USTU this year.