• Lower Leg
    • Upper Leg
    • Stomach
    • Ribs/Chest
    • Head

I changed my mind im not telling its a surprise

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Yeah but don't u want to get flexible, isn't that one of the goals and benefits of doing MA's. I bet youre a lot more flexible now that when u first started? :-?

Yes I'm more flexible than when I started but I cannot reach the head of an average male (say 175 cm or 5ft 10in) yet. And then kicking the head is not always the best option. In self defence situation I would rather prefer round kick to the knees or front/side kick to the stomach or groin.

I can reach the head if properly streched before and my muscles are hot (worked out before hand), couldn't do it when getting jumped in the streets without hurting myself. And when I try to get that high I just lose alot of power.

I kick as high as I can without sacraficing my balance. In the summer I can usually go to my face level. In the winter it's stomach and below! :o

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I use the mid section kick as a set up for the high kick. I usuallly like to wear a person down with a sidekick then round,back or hook to the head. I am tall so head shots are easy. I guess it might be harder to kick to the head if a person was short. (there's lots of short people that can effectively kick someone in the head thou)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

I use the mid section kick as a set up for the high kick. I usuallly like to wear a person down with a sidekick then round,back or hook to the head. I am tall so head shots are easy. I guess it might be harder to kick to the head if a person was short. (there's lots of short people that can effectively kick someone in the head thou)

I see in your bio that you do ITF/TKD...so correct me if I'm wrong, but anything below the waist, grabbing techniques, takedowns, etc are all illegal for you...right?

How about on the street? Would you head kick there for any reason?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

well considering that i am 198 cm tall (6,6) i have no problem kick at head level. however in a self defense situation i thin i would only kick at knee to groin level. ofcourse this is just speculation i have never had to really kick someone other than in class or tournaments.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"