• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Athlete vs. the Martial Artist

Hanzou

Thats sort of an incorrect statement wolfen,

Based on that your probably thinking more along the lines of the UFC and PrideFC fighters that have sponsers and all they do is train all day.

but in the lower shows and shoot some of the people that faught in the UFC and PirdeFC like Jerry bolhander and others have jobs like Jerry is a police officer. You don't have to be on the professional level to be considered a martial athelete if your body is in great shape. I am not just talking MMA here. even in point tournments the people at the top of them, or like the korean tkd teams. Are in great shape because of there cardio and strength training they do.

You can still be in great conditioning and be called a martail athelete while working in 9-5 job.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion the martial artist has the advantage. yes you may have power but what are you going to do with it if you can touch the artist? us true martial artist can and will adapt to the situations and are virtually untouchable after time and experience( i aint rying to brag or nothin srry if it sounds like i am) and there are some that are both like bruce lee.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

- martial arts legend:bruce lee

i practise shotokan on my own time and in the dojo, and i weight train in phys ed class and sometimes during lunch.

same here except i train tae kwon do and mma and in school i do weights i have weightlifting class first period.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

in my opinion the martial artist has the advantage. yes you may have power but what are you going to do with it if you can touch the artist? us true martial artist can and will adapt to the situations and are virtually untouchable after time and experience( i aint rying to brag or nothin srry if it sounds like i am) and there are some that are both like bruce lee.

this assumes that the martial athlete has inferior skill to the martial artist. quite possibly a wrong assumption.

where in indiana are you? I've got family in hammond, gary and nap, so I am there on a pretty regular basis.

this assumes that the martial athlete has inferior skill to the martial artist. quite possibly a wrong assumption.

where in indiana are you? I've got family in hammond, gary and nap, so I am there on a pretty regular basis.

elkhart

Well, I don't think anyone is untouchable. That is a pretty bold statement to make. Even the best fighters in the world get hit. And the athlete can adapt just as well as an artist can. They both train in strategy, and are probably pretty close in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree , that this thread is kinda close-minded. For me is the same that saying : What is better , kick boxing or kung fu ?

There are no better ways of fightin´, there are better fighters and sad ones.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´