• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Athlete vs. the Martial Artist

Hanzou

It kinda seems like power and control need to be worked on at the same time. Then speed is when you have gotten it down. I think technique and power are the same thing i just havent realized what y2_sub and the other people have been saying.

Focus

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go slow get the technique smooth and more it is smooth you can work the speed. Like the saying goes. "slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

Work on hitting heavy bag for power.

Training should be about building each other up not tearing each other down. So full contact all out power matches once in a while. Most medium contact is good. So your not worried aobut getting your head knocked off you can focus on doing the moves right and getting y our timing and distance work down. You don't want to abuse your training partners to where y ou don't have any one who wants to work out with you. Thats not much fun working out by your self.

I believe in training and starting out. The crawl, walk, run theory to be very effective.

go slow get the technique smooth and more it is smooth you can work the speed. Like the saying goes. "slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

Work on hitting heavy bag for power.

Training should be about building each other up not tearing each other down. So full contact all out power matches once in a while. Most medium contact is good. So your not worried aobut getting your head knocked off you can focus on doing the moves right and getting y our timing and distance work down. You don't want to abuse your training partners to where y ou don't have any one who wants to work out with you. Thats not much fun working out by your self.

I believe in training and starting out. The crawl, walk, run theory to be very effective.

yup...^_^

The stronger swordsman does not always win.

Medium contact is good , but if "your not worried aobut getting your head knocked off " you may develop a bad habit of not defending

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

When you combine power with your techniques , your techniques become slower , when you go slow , you get the technique smooth (etc ...... )

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I say forget the speed, power, control thing.

I like this saying better. "If you can touch it, you can break it, if can break it, tear it off and beat him with it."

That is all

Karate25

You sound like Musashi.. :karate:

The stronger swordsman does not always win.