• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

abs, good way to make them look good?

Maddwraph

first of all, dont worry about how your abs look. if you are a martial artist, you should know that the core is also the core of your power and energy. work your abs for strength and speed first. if you only do 30 crunches, then you have more to work on. secondly, don't worry about the upper abs (they do little for performance) work the lower abs, obliques, and low back. Also, crunches give you looks, but situps are much better for strength. By focusing on strength, your abs will eventually reach the state that you want them to be anyway (im studying to be a personal trainer, ok, so i know my stuff)

Keep it intense!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you want good looking abs, you'll have to pay attention to your diet. Trying to lose fat in only one spot is physiologically impossible without the aid of surgery. So, do your crunches and such for the health benefits and watch your diet to help you look good.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

it all depends on your general body fat percentage, etc. if you are naturally overweight, then yes a healthy, low fat diet is good, but if you are like me, it really doesnt matter what you eat. actually, martial arts is a great way to lose weight, so as ken said, you need to work the muscles, eat well, and do cardio.

Keep it intense!!!!