• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too late or just late?

GhostFighter

Ive only recently started to fitness for being stronger and for fat burning, and now im 25 and i actually never did fitness before witch i really regret i didnt :(

I go 3 times a week to a fitness place, quite smoking, stopped drinking and started to eat a whole lot healtier.

But i dont know if its enough since im not seeing much of a change now but i only started a month ago. So can i still get a musculor body?

Everyday is a fight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This seems like a yes or no question, so yes, you can get a more muscular body.

The question is, what are you eating and what are you doing at the fitness place?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Well its not easy to tell what i eat but some of them are eggs, cheese, milk, spinace etc...

At the fitness i start with the running machine for about 15 minutes and after that i start with all kinds of different strengh machines you know.

And it lasts for nearly 2 hours untill i finnish.

Everyday is a fight

Unless you have a specific medical problem that needs rehab I would stay away from machines. Mostly a personal preference, but partially due to the planar nature of machines.

Try and keep your workout from going on for too long. Ideally you want to be finished a workout in 60-90 minutes.

And yes, you can get a muscular body but at any age it takes work.

Yes, you can. Keep on it and you will start seeing results. You didn't get out of shape in a month and you won't get in shape in a month. Look at it as a lifestyle choice and soon you will start reaping the benefits. Good luck and train hard.

PS - You might want to increase the cardio to more than 15 minutes as you are essentially just warming up. You need to get your heart rate up to get some cardio benefit. Once you get your heart rate up you get into the training state, you start to burn calories and build cardiovascular endurance. This usually occurs after the first five minutes of exercise. Your heart rate needs to be at an approximate range of 110-165 beats per minute depending on your age. Check out this link for your range.

http://www.active.com/calculators/heartrate_calc_togo.cfm

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I'm 29 years old and I'm in the best shape of my life, so far. I have many friends who have cultivated BEAUTIFUL bodies into their 30's and 40's. In fact, I honestly believe that the fittest bodies are over the age of 30 - they've had time to develop them.

With proper training and nutrition, you can go from being out of shape, to being in tremendous shape in about a year.

I agree with RedJ... increase your cardio gradually to about 45-60 minutes per session. Use free weights (get a professional trainer to show you how) for 20-30 minutes or so.

Don't worry about the past, and don't ever regret the choices you've made... they were yours to make. Just think ahead to what you want to achieve, and set in motion a plan to do so.

Good luck!

its not too late until youre physically incapable.

also, 20-30 minutes isnt necessarily a light workout with weights if you lift right. you can go in, do it heavy (but not too heavy), and leave. thats how you get stronger.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

The main thing in order to see results, is make sure you are exercising enough. Too many people hit the gym and make it a "social hour"...they take 5 minutes between sets, hang out and * with buddies, then their workout becomes a 2 hour quest for a date on a Friday night. You shouldn't spend any more than an hour in the gym if you are being productive. And by productive, that means you are sweating buckets after that hour and you have pretty much no energy left. Some people may laugh, but I think you should order some workout DVD's. They are actually very helpful for starting exercisers since they give you some level of personal training you don't get just by making up your own routine. The best ones out there IMO are Tae Bo and Power 90. The Power 90 stuff has 2 levels of difficulty and I lost a lot of weight and toned a lot on it. I now adapt my own workouts around it, and it works great for me.

Mixed Martial Artist