• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts and drugs

Hello everyone. I went to a tournament last weekend and a man was disqualified becasue he tested positive from using marajauna. My question to all of you is do any of you or any martial artist that you know use drugs?

Me personally I have no time for them. And also I would think as in that mans case doing that would just burn you out. Please post responses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of tournament was this? i have competed in many and have never had a drug test. not that it matters i do not use so no worries here. i only know of martial artists that somke cigarettes and drink alcohol.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

A blood test at a martial arts tournament? Whoa...that's a bit weird sounding for this guy. And if a guy's stupid enough to be high at a tournament, he's probably not going to win anyway.

"Hey man..what you want to go and try to hit me for? Chill dude..have a toke." :P

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

A blood test at a martial arts tournament? Whoa...that's a bit weird sounding for this guy. And if a guy's stupid enough to be high at a tournament, he's probably not going to win anyway.

"Hey man..what you want to go and try to hit me for? Chill dude..have a toke." :P

:lol: :lol:

I don´t use drugs and I wish that we could live in a perfect world where all the people who are stupid enough to take drugs are too stupid to practice martial arts.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

We don't do anything in isolation, what we do affects others...cause and effect. Long term marijuana usage is linked with schizophrenia, and other disociative conditions. Someone has to foot the bill fot the problems and medical bills, and the heartache. I have a few old friends who ain'rt who they used to be cos they got hooked on the weed.

well, he didn't have to be high at the tournament, because THC can stay in your system for anywhere from 6-8 months. any foreign substance that stays in your system that long is generally not good, on account of the fact that, well, it's not meant to be there, your body is designed to flush it out.

although not nearly as harmful as other drugs, you'd be a fool to think marijuana didn't do anything. there's a reason no one advocates the use of marijuana, and it's not JUST as a... well, now that i think of it, i suppose saying the original reason the states made it illegal is a tad bit offensive, but if you know it, you know what i mean. anywho. not good stuff. i too know people who just aren't the same now that they've started.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai