• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Brown Belt Test on Sunday

EvilTed

Fish,

Yeah it's sometimes hard, but that's what makes it interesting.

Doing full-contact karate with 20 somethings at my age keeps me fit and young.

I tend to injure easier (break things) but you've just got to know your limitations and stop sparring while injured in order to heal up properly.

I may not have as much stamina as some of the younger guys, but I keep up pretty well and punch harder than most ;)

Osu!

ET

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EvilTed,

My advice: Be strong (mentally and physically); be fast; be relaxed and be Evil :wink:

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

Don't know yet m8.

Saiko Shihan specifically chose our Polish Kyokushin black belt to fight me instead of the World Oyama black belt who was facing me for one of my fights.

I got roundhoused in the face by him which rang my bell a bit and bust up my mouth. As I was dazed he mae-geried me in the SP and put me on my back, but I got up and kept fighting.

At the end of the fighting and in front of around 100 people, Saiko Shihan asked me how long I'd been studying. When I replied "2 years Saiko Shihan" he said "You're doing pretty good".

That was good props to get :)

I have to take a written test sometime this week and my body is sore from top to bottom, so I'll have to wait and see how I get on.

Today is my 40th birthday, so pass or fail, I did what I wanted in testing for my brown belt b4 my birthday.

The nunchaku clinic was excellent.

Saiko Shihan Oyama is an amazing Karate-ka and it was an honor to be tested by him.

Osu!

ET

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Last night, I sat the written test, now sensei says if I pass the test he has to talk to Saiko Shihan and see if he gives me my brown belt.

I should know by Monday next week.

Osu!

ET

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Last night, I sat the written test, now sensei says if I pass the test he has to talk to Saiko Shihan and see if he gives me my brown belt.

I should know by Monday next week.

Osu!

ET

they really believe in keeping you guessing don't they? :wink: Does anyone else have to wait this long for results. We know immediately after the gradings!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

We know up to brown belt.

From there on up, only Soshu, Sailo Shihan and Shihan's can grade brown belt to black.

Only Soshu and Saiko Shihan can grade black belts.

This way they maintain the quality of the style I guess.

Anything BUT a McDojo :)

Osu!

ET