• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why do we strive so hard to do the splits?

SaiFightsMS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-02-03 10:17, SaiFightsMS wrote:

"The no stretch wonder" :razz: So if you are kicking well over your head is it really necessary to do the splits?

No, but it would be nice to prove all the people who know me as the girl who is stiff as a board wrong. :angel:

Besides, it's just a personal milestone for me. I always wanted to be able to stretch well, and I will continue trying until I get there.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I always thought this was kind of werid but maybe someone here well know :nod:

Some people that I know can do the splits but on some days they can't they might be close by not doing the splits and on some days they can do the splits with problems

I was wondering how come that happens is it because you are more warmed a=up and can bend further???? :???:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Kicker doing the splits is an ability that has to be maintained. Slacking off in maintanence work will result in loosing the ability to do full splits. Say you miss a few days of stretching. And guess what? No full splits.

And then there are days for all of us when we are tighter than others for a variety of reasons.

Achieving full splits is one thing. Maintaining the ability to do them is another. Both require work.

oh okay cause sometimes it seems werid that you can bend futher or not further sometimes when doing the splits :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Yuppers, you'd be surprised at what physical feats you can accomplish when given the proper carrot on a stick, LOL.

Something totally off the subject, but in high school I skipped P.E. class one too many times for other, um, extracurricular activities, and my teacher told me that the only way he would pass me was if I learned to juggle in three days. Since failing P.E. would mean public humiliation as well as, um, the possibility of not graduating, I tried like I had never tried before. Fifty billion tries later, I finally kind of got the hang of it. The problem was that I actually got it at the end of the second day but every single time the teacher watched me, I messed up. Finally, on the last day, he was convinced and gave me a D+. Ah those were the days.

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

absoooo-loot-ly TRUE! :up: ... this is really for the younger students in which the majority of the school consists of ... although adults are being awarded too! When most of them go into a v-stretch (and they're young mind you!) they barely even try to get their chests to the floor. So yeah ... a carrot it is! Let's just see if it works.

As far as the 'older' adults .... most do not have as much flexibility anymore (if ever they did, never maintained which is important) Many, like myself, started TKD later in life so never achieved a good level of flexibility. I, however have always had a good degree of flexibility having been a dancer when I was young and everyday, since I started TKD , make stretching a routine.