• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Actively training? Poll

How many people in this forum are actually ACTIVELY involved in the MA's RIGHT NOW:  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many people in this forum are actually ACTIVELY involved in the MA's RIGHT NOW:

• I am currently training at a dojo several times a week
    • I train once a week, or when I get a chance
    • I trained a LONG time ago, but don't right now
    • I never trained in MA's before, but want to
    • I just lift weights and don't care much to train in the MA's

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train only twice a week now until my karate class restart from summer vacation ( around 1st october) then I'll be training 4 times a week as usual.

I go to my training twice a week, on wednesday and friday evenings. I stopped training in july and august though because it got too busy but started back again a few weeks ago. Now i wish i didn't take the break because i got my belt test comming up next week and i'm sooooo out of shape :karate:

)I train: 4 days wk in Karate

1 day of Laundry-Do and Consumer-Do

2 days of Honey-Do this Honey-Do that....... :P

Angela, I know what you mean.

It's tough to do what you love while working and raising a family. You have to make sacrafices. I just sacraficed eating junk food and watching T.V.. :wink:

(Bringing the kid along also wins points with the wife :D :D :D )

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

they have belt colors for kickboxing?!

anywhos getting back to topic,even though currently i am taking off for tkd until january since of transport i still train daily except sundays.Since im not getting a punching bag of my own ive devised my own ''creative'' gear to help benefit my training.Ive duck taped a phonebook to my backyard tree and punch the * out of it,and put my shin gaurds on and continously kick the tree for a certain amount of number.My list

-warm ups:push ups,stretches,sit ups/leg presses,jumping/hopping

-basic kicks and punches

-go onto more of the advance techniques

-go outside and work on my punching bag/tree :karate:

-come back in the house n shadow box for about 3-5 minutes...i usually focus on fighting my thermostat n pretend that its a fist coming at me..

im weird but yeah..ill do anything to keep up my training.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

who has a bb in kickboxing?

for the record though, yeah, some schools do give rank. It's not nationally recognized. For example, a level 5 in the USMTA won't mean squat to the IMTF - it's only for structure within the organization and also to assist with class organization. For example, we have a curriculum of how we teach students. the level 1 students work basics, naturally. we have separate training days for level 3 and above, however, they are also permitted to come to the basic classes.

some schools have organization via levels, like what we use, and others use a color system.

Yea i saw that from kick boxer...poor van damme.

Nah but the tree is also duck taped with these thin ragged up pillows i found near the recycle section of the garbage outside of my house(i live in townhouse xP).My shins arent gonna lose its feelings like muay thai fighters....hopefully not..if so i gotta find thicker pillows..

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''