• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading this Sunday...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just got back from the grading a couple of hours ago - definitely an all round good day.

My Kata went well except I added a couple of extra sidekicks - not an easy mistake to hide :D

We were graded by our Founder, which was cool, and he double-promoted me to purple belt. :)

Most of the others graded to their next belt, except for a couple of the young kids. Needless to say they weren't happy, but hopefully they'll learn a lesson from it.

Just got back from the grading a couple of hours ago - definitely an all round good day.

My Kata went well except I added a couple of extra sidekicks - not an easy mistake to hide :D

We were graded by our Founder, which was cool, and he double-promoted me to purple belt. :)

Most of the others graded to their next belt, except for a couple of the young kids. Needless to say they weren't happy, but hopefully they'll learn a lesson from it.

Congratulations. Maybe he liked your 'new' version of the kata, which is why he double graded you! :lol:

Well done again. Happy *-kicking!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

WAY TO GO ZERO !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!! ;-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

In our system we go white, yellow tip (almost everyone skips this I think), yellow, orange, blue, purple, green, brown, then add one stripe to your brown belt, then two, three, maybe even a fourth, then black, etc...

It's a great martial arts system, i'm really glad I found it. Great dojo too, even though our gear is fairly limited, and we can only train one 90 minute session per week (unless you drive to the dojo in the next town, run by the same sensei). Still, i'm completely happy with it, plus it's only a 30 second drive from my house :D

And thanks for all of the congrats everybody :)

Congratulations!!! :)

Purple belt :-? ... How your belt system works?

My system has no purple belt.

And yet, in here, you are currently a purple belt. How ironic! :brow:

Quite a few systems have purple belts. We have purple and purple with white stripe.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum