• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It begins!

beginner

Hey folks! Well I'm really excited, I signed up for the Okinawan Goju Ryu karate class on campus...so I'm officially in! Next class is on Thursday, so im pumped

Are there any pieces of equipment I should wanna look into to supplement my training at home? I was thinking of getting a speed bag and some grip strengtheners...just for the fun of it

Slowly but surely

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Also, begin by just concentrating and focusing. And practice what you learn in class at home or in the dorm. Your friends might be a little concerned, but just tell them, "bite me."

I find it's a good idea to go to the local martial arts supply shop and buy a six-pack of ninjas. Release them in your home and watch as they quickly scurry and hide. Then, without warning, at random times, they will jump out and attack you, testing your martial arts knowledge.

Just be careful which brand of ninjas you get. I bought some no-name brand one time and the ninjas didn't do anything but sleep all day and drink all my beer.

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

I have a small empty room in the room next my own down here in the basement that I was thinking of using for a speed bag. I will have to see how large the heavy bags are. Thanks for the info! I will definitely be practicing when I get back home. Oh yeah! I think the ninjas are on sale at Wal Mart, although they only come in polka dot and khaki uniforms...dont think they will be effective.

Slowly but surely

Dre.....you will want to get a pair of "chishi" which are stone weights, "nigiri game" (gripping jars)...I can explain later....a makiwara...striking post,.....I will tell you how to make them.

Edited by Master Jules

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Just remember....martial arts is about lengthening the muscle, not bulking it like weightlifting......If you chose to weightlift as supplemental excercise, keep your reps 20+ in your sets, so you can facilitate a fat burning routine, and remember to stretch frequently.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"