• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Iron Body Conditioning

Etybolik

I wouldn't recommend starting the training if you are new to the arts. First off I would suggest (my own opinion) that you have done some type of body training to begin with. Extrenuous physical activities at some point in training and full contact fighting. Understanding aspects used in breaking techniques are also very helpful. Some of the daily training that we would do consisted of taking a 2x4 and hitting every major muscle group in our body 100 times with it. Upper and lower back, abbs, each pectoid muscle, shoulders, deltoids, biceps, forearms, thighs, calves ect.

We also did forte training, where you got with a partner and smack forearm to forearm over and over building the strength of your muscles and your block. This can also be done with the shins as well. We also did punching drills on each other, punches to the stomach and muscle groups then move on to the actual hardening of the bones making them denser. Punches to the ribs, head, and so forth....after this level we would start working on the areas of the body with no protection, the throat, groin and such....you dont want to try and advance steps when you aren't ready. Use your punching bag, or boards, wrap rope around a board or use a sand bag, and work all strikes along with blocks on your striking surface.

One of the final things we did was bend knives against our throats, take kicks to the groin, ridge hands and chops to the throat along with spear hands.

and our last and of our crazies trainings consisted of tying rope around a very large log tie the other end around a high branch. Get your partners to drag the log up hill and swing it towards you. When the log comes at you( very fast and hard) block, this builds your blocks alot, if you are ready for this level, if you miss the block your chest gets hit, that therefor toughens your chest in return.....only do this when you have mastered lower levels of training....you can get seriously hurt and or killed....yep be careful during iron body techniques....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*Whistles.

That is some hardcore stuff, Chen. Anyway, I have a question: Is that ointment (forget the name) that you're supposed to put on after doing the iron body conditioning really necessary, or is it just another rip-off?

Um, I dont know if anyone answer'd this question yet and I dont know where to go 2 find it...so I just put it in here......(I heard that Bruce Lee, when he exercised, would lift wieghts until he couldnt lift anymore....and then some more)....I have done this and it makes me sore the next day. My question is "How often (If I lift wieghts and work-out MAX) should I do it?" Can anyone give me any "Weight Lifting" plans and stretches I can do?..Thanks!

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

Well, Bruce Lee had a specific workout that would help with martial arts.

dont just go and lift heavy weights until youre out of it. find exercises that are karate-specific.

tell you what, ill give you my workout plan:

karate physical training (2 times a week)

day 1-pure strength

4 sets barbell squats(heavy weight)

3 sets explosive leg extension(medium weight)

4 sets calf raise (heavy weight)

6 sets wide chinups(no wt.)

3 sets machine row(medium weight)

3 sets barbell pullover(medium weight)

5 sets barbell shoulder press(heavy weight)

3 sets dips

3 sets deadlifts(light weight)

3 sets wide squats(no weight)

2 sets hammer curl(so that punches have more force, also helps to limit over extension while punching

4 sets hanging leg raise

No Cardio

Day 2 (explosive power, acceleration, coordination, etc.)

3 sets speed lunges

3 sets explosive jumps

3 sets cable kokutsu geri(back kick)

3 sets cable side kicks

3 sets jump squats

2 sets walking lunges

3 sets twisting sit ups

3 sets reverse crunches(straight leg)

3 sets explosive back extension

3 sets shoulder flye, raise, bent over flye-supersets

4 sets fist pushups

1 set hand stand pushups (as much as possible, but not to total fatigue)

3 sets cable punches(in proper stance)

3 sets dumbbell bent-over row(very light weight-60lb, 50lb, etc.)

40 min high intensity cardio--some sprinting on treadmill, etc.

i usually add in some other exercises, but this is good for a start. here are some tips for these workouts:

1)if possible, use dumbbells or cables instead of machines

2)eat protein rich foods before and after workout, lay off the fat, dont worry about carbs( the new carb craze is just a fad.)

3) dont wait too long between exercises/sets

4)do large muscle groups first, eg;legs before abs, back before biceps, etc.

5) a superset is a continuos, no rest set of different exercises (1 set per each in a continuous sequence = superset

6)during cardio, dont walk, always have some intensity

7) you may be too busy to work out this much, but if possible, do this program twice per week along with martial arts stuff. i recommend doing day 1 on saturdays and day 2 on wednesdays. my workout program is shorter, but occurs 4 times per week. Ive taken away some exercies and decreased #of sets alittle from my routine, but this should be good enough.

Remember, if you want to be like Bruce Lee, this is the type of program you need, but if you want to gain mass, i can give you a bodybuilder's program, or something else if you need it. good luck, and keep it intense.

Keep it intense!!!!

Thanks RockSOLLIDD

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez