• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

doing the splits

sickwithit13

Isometrics could easily work! I guess all these methods could work, but I suppose putting in the serious time to do it is the most important. I injured my shoulder last January and stopped working out like an idiot. I gained back some weight I'd just lost....bummer! Went back to working out again this summer and dieting again. Lost 7 of the pounds again and I'm seeing results

in just the last three weeks. Relearned all my forms from white through brown and learned half of my red. I go through all the belts daily so I won't forget them.

CHaz

If at first you don't succeed, forget skydiving.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, injury is a problem. I am a blue belt, but my instructor has given me permission to start my red-belt training because I am past due on my red belt test. I have seen men and women that have fulfilled splits using the isometrics. The only problem you would have with isometrics is if you have weak knees, so I am going to strengthen my knees before I continue them.

Why go for that goal? In time, age will restrict it. There was a recorded conversion Bruce lee had with a aging student whom no longer perform stretches and certain techniques.

As for myself, I cannot perform some of the stretches and techniques requiring.

But, it doesn't restrict my ability overall.

Try this:

Stretch after a grueling kicking workout as a break. Then kick some more, and stretch again. The muscles are most elastic when they are overheated. This helped me tons.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Been there. Done that. And it is done in P.E. (not the kicking part).

Doing the "gym" fad, I had trainer. He was well educated on the structure on muscles and their movement. He also was a certified therapist in that field. He taught me a lot on the muscles.

Thanks for the post, though. :karate: