• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

20 year old X Gymnast looking for a trick school...

I live in Houston, Texas and I want to start a trick martial arts program. Something that focuses mainly on the tumbling aspect... wow factor basically. I miss tumbling and have seen videos of this sort of art and I would love to try it out.

Does anyone know of any gyms in Houston that specialize in trick only?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF red star !, I'm sorry but I don't know of any information that can be of help, but there are others here that might. Good luck in your quest.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

Welcome to Karate Forums, red star! :)

Why not try phoning up the local schools in your area and asking them if they teach XMA/tricks? Even if they don't, someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

You just have to find a school you like and find someone willing to learn with you. I got into the tricks from my first school. Others did it, so I tried.

Now I do TKD and, at the time, no one did any fancy kicks. I practiced them anyway. One person recently saw me, and asked me to teach her. Now we practice together before or after our saturday class. Now we have 5 people trying to learn tricks :) Gee, I think I started something LOL

Oh, you might want to check out https://www.bilang.com (trick site) ;)

Laurie F

I suggest you to look also for Northern shaolin, It is an acrobatic style and looks more effective than wushu IMHO.