• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts in the Family.

I am the first and only in my immediate family.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also 1st generation here as well. However my kids are taking classes w/ me so we've got a good start on the 2nd generation. :)

Res firma, mitescere nescit

I went in reverse. :D

My son got me to start. So thats 2 generations. Then he just keeps quitting and starting back up again. :-?

Am I first or second generation.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

shtochem who is higher rank? :)

i guess u would be first.

so i said that i was third generation, let me explain.

my grandfather, uncle on my father's side of the family.

uncle is a high ranking bb in tkd in puerto rico.

but i have never had the chance to study under him. in fact i did not even know until i was well into my martial arts career.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I am the first to take martial arts in my family. I did get my boyfriend into it :) But his nephew also took MA as a kid way before him, so I guess he is the second eventhough my boyfriend is older than his nephew LOL.

Laurie F

Im like the millionth generation... Like all my uncles and grandparents and stuff on my oriental side did some kind of martial arts and they go way back, some of my ancestors were samurais and stuff.. But I never did learn anything from them, I do have talent though.

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

Im like the millionth generation... Like all my uncles and grandparents and stuff on my oriental side did some kind of martial arts and they go way back, some of my ancestors were samurais and stuff.. But I never did learn anything from them, I do have talent though.

you know.... If i were you, I would work hard to trace my lineage back to the Samurai, that would be a very very impressive thing to be able to do.

I have traced my family heritage back to the 1400s, and from there i am having problems, my heritage goes back to europe, and another branch ends here in North America... unfortunately I dont think i can ever trace the North American heritage back any farther

Oh and as far as my martial arts lineage in my family goes... I am pretty much the first... some basic training here and there but noone to the extent i have gone and not in the arts i train

My father did boxing and greco-roman wrestling, so I can say I'm 2nd generation even if we never trained togheter or he tought me anything about boxing or wrestling.