• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

medicine ball trianing

JWZ

does anyone know some good drills to condition your stomach to take blows using a medicine ball. solo drills

also any good drills to build muscle over the ribs

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

crunches

hold the ball several inches above your stomach. On the downward phase of the crunch, drop the ball onto your stomach. use the upward phase to get the ball back into position. repeat.

if you are doing medicine ball drills though, you will find it much easier with a partner.

This is comming from my brother-in-law that is a Personal Tranner that is looking over my sholder whist I type: Start with one of thoses big rubber balls that you use for abs. Do crunches and have some one pound the ball into your gut. If you jump right into medicine ball tranning you could really screw up some internal stuff if your abs aren't tough yet. In a nutshell, work up to the medicine balls. I did (I meaning supacoopatroopa) and then went on to medicine balls and i am very happy with the results.

...Osu...

One thing I do is lay on my back, and then throw the the medicine ball into the air, allowing it to hit you in the abs. Make sure you breathe out (or kiap) and tighten the muscles just before it hits. Be careful though, it would be easy to hurt yourself. throw the ball just a little bit, and as you get tougher, throw it higher.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

another drill with a partner is that you lay down into situp position whilst holding the ball at ur chest. you do a crunch\situp (harder as your holding the weighted ball) and as you come up, you throw the ball forward to a partner who is standing infront of you facing you (working the chest, shoulders and triceps) and then they chuck the ball back and u absorb the impact into your abs with the guidance of ur hands to avoid injury to organs, etc..then go back and do another situp with the ball and so on. we used to do this as part of circuit training in our dojo for roughly 2 mins for each partner :)

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless"

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do"