• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting Fact...10th Degree Black Belt in Karate

Shorin Ryuu

to agree with the USA quote - I am afraid that some Americans are too "Hollywood" for Martial arts and ward themselves titles and Dans left,right and centre.

Same as new styles emerging in a similar way!

American Karate etc......

I dunno - seems strange?!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that there are more "Masters" in any given US city (LA, NY, etc) than there are in the ENTIRE Orient? What's wrong with that picture?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Its all a bit sad. I have no particular urge to call myself Grand soke kancho shihan master GrrrArg.

Not for a few years at least :)

Well, when you do get the urge to call yourself that...

can I have a 97863960th Dan from you, Oh Great Master?? *bows respectfully to GrrrArg the Great One* :D :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Uechi hiroyasu is the cousin of Uechi Kanmei. He is the 5th son of Uechi Kansei. He has been running Nago Shubukan for about 14 years now. I have been training with them since 1987.

• 3 months later...

In Kyokushinkai one can only achieve 10th Dan posthumosley. This is in honor of Sosai Oyama, who as originator of the style, was only a 10th Dan.

The highest you can go is 9th Dan before you die.

So any Kyokushin claiming to be 10th Dan, or higher is either lying, or dishonoring the memory of Sosai Oyama.

I really think that most of the concept of ranking should be done away with. Maybe just have ten ranks total ( including the kyu ranks.) (oh, then american dojo's would end up losing students left and right, oh well... I still think it is a good idea.)

Things have really gotten too far out of hand.

OSU!