• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but...

I do Go-ju ryu Karate and Yang-style Tai chi chuan , I'm a beginner in both, and I have no conflict. They are too different, I think that aikido also won't clush with any other karate style.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I honestly don't think a person can start 2 new styles and once and be fair to both. Espically if the styles are kata based. Quote fighting styles are a bit differant I could do boxing and MT because you just spar and condition but IMO Shotokan and Akkido or Hapikido, or TSD, even TKD or KF offers to many differant ideas on how to do the same thing. Not saying either is wrong just saying for the mind that cant tell the differance it could be hard to seperate the 2.

I can watch a person train and basically tell what style they do. Any person with time in MA can tell that. The beginner will mix the 2 for no other reason than he is taking 2 much in and both arts will suffer IMO.

Now lets say you got a black belt in one style which means you understand it then I can see playing in something else but my advice is learn one frist and become good at it because if you get deep enough each style as everything you need to know in it somewhere.

Uuuuuuuhhhhh... I think that's what I said I was going to do. This is not something that I will even consider until much later.

Quote fighting styles are a bit differant I could do boxing and MT because you just spar and condition

you do more than that - you have to work form. There are no katas, but you will drill your technique. You would be surprised how many people say they do a "thai kick" but do it completely wrong. When you list out the steps and motions involved, it's actually pretty intricate.

....i would say that wing chun is something that you should either

learn first

or

learn last....

i say this because wing chun tends to intefere with anything else you do.

or perhaps the other way around is also true;

almost all other striking arts will interfere with wing chun.

the only time this won't happen

is when you are already more than familiar with your base so instead of dealing with moves/techniques,

you deal more with the theories and ideas....

(your base then becomes a reference point of some sort that the wing chun will um, take apart....)

I agree