• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anybody know any drills to improve your reflexes?

youremean

I know sparring is good practice for your reflexes, but I don't always have a partner around, so does anybody know any drills that can help you respond to a punch and especially a kick faster?

BTW It would be helpful if I could do these drills on a standing bag or shadow boxing because that is all I have at my house.

Thanks

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings,

When I first started competing I did some speed and reaction drills based off a video called Beyond Speed, distributed by Health For Life. Check out this website: http://www.martial-arts-fitness.com/healthlife/speed1.html It worked for me.

I have my own website that has some speed training drills. It's mostly intended for students who are wanting to begin a training program for Tae Kwon Do competition. I probably should set one up a little more advanced for those who are looking for drills to enhance their already established training routine.

Good luck with your training.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Thanks. The video looks good, but with shipping, it would cost over 50 dollars. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Instructor:"You're not gonna be able to see if you don't cut your hair."

"Haha. Too bad."

"A martial artist who has never sparred is like a swimmer who has never entered water."

-Bruce Lee

• 1 month later...

Assuming that you have a garage or some outside building that you can use, I have a suggestion .... hang bags filled with sand at different hights (head hight and torso hight to represent punches and kicks). From here you swing them and start dodging them as they swing around the room. It's all I can think of seeing that you don't want to spend too much money ....

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

Hmmmm Jerry, and maybe he can attack them with sai. I saw Dare Devil too. :D

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

lol ...... if it can help a blind man fight it surely will help for anyone ... :-)

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

so does this mean i have to wear a blind fold :weirdlook: ?

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

so does this mean i have to wear a blind fold

Actually it was Electra who did the hanging sandbags thing. So...how do you look in skin tight leather?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH-E/254428.jpg

Greetings,

I have my own website that has some speed training drills. It's mostly intended for students who are wanting to begin a training program for Tae Kwon Do competition. I probably should set one up a little more advanced for those who are looking for drills to enhance their already established training routine.

Good luck with your training.

What is your website?